New generation Spex Back Support Shells
We're excited to announce that we've made some improvements and added extra features to our standard back support shells!
Key Improvement 1:
A column of horizontal inner slots have been added to shells 12" and wider, that allow for more width adjustment for all mounting hardware:
- You will still be able to mount at any height using the regular mounting slots.
- The new inline slots allow for a wider back support to be mounted on a narrower chair.
- In the past, this inline mounting was only possible using our Quad mount width adjustment brackets. Now that it's built into the shell, you can use all the mounting hardware, saving cost and setup time.
- Quad, Dual and Heavy-Duty brackets can be mounted inline in 25mm increments. Drop mounts can be mounted inline centrally.
Key Improvement 2:
Shells above 11" wide now have two lower strap shoulder harness slots:
- These are an alternative to the D-links, which will still be provided with harnesses.
- Two slots are positioned on each side for two height options.
- This saves setup time and allows the back support to be removed with the shoulder harness attached.
Key Improvement 3:
The fold location position has been improved:
- Building upon engineering and body shape data, fold positions have been updated.
- This provides a better shape and fit for the user's trunk shape - for a back support range that scales to the human body.
- The Spex logo has been added.
- The amount of velcro has been reduced for easier cover changes.
- The 22" and 24" wide back supports have been removed from the standard range - these sizes are now covered by the XLella range.
- Adaptable shells (that are cut down for some custom sizes) only feature slots incline and updated fold locations. They do not feature the lower strap shoulder harness slots or the Spex logo.
Hugo James, Lead Engineer of Spex, discusses these updates
The products affected:
1252-XXXX-00H: Spex Vigour Hi Back Support
1253-XXXX-00H: Spex Comfi Back Support
1254-XXXX-000: Spex Manta Back Support
1255-XXXX-0SS: Spex Classic Back Support
1255-XXXX-0TS: Spex Classic T Shape
1256-XXXX-0SS: Spex SuperShape Back Support
12XX-XXXX-2TS: Spex Surface Back Support
As stock is transitioned to the new shell design over the coming months, you will start to receive the new style shells with your orders.
At Spex, we are continuously looking for ways to improve our products. Please reach out to the Spex Customer Support team, if there are any questions you have regarding these updates.