Easily solve upper torso positioning needs for most wheelchair users with the Spex Classic Surface Back Support. The Surface Back Support incorporates the classic Spex contouring cube system to allow on-the-spot customisations for torso comfort and asymmetry needs, whilst also providing greater stability for the user's upper body and lower trunk.
Greater stability in the trunk can allow for improved head and neck movements, and greater contact surface can aid with pressure distribution for comfort. The contouring and immersion ensures that individual body shape and comfort needs are easily responded to with the Surface Back Support.
The Surface provides superior upper back, shoulder, and pelvic support, and is especially useful in situations where the user requires tilt-in-space and their upper body, shoulders, and lower trunk will have more contact with the contact surface of the back support.
- Superior upper back and shoulder support
- Enhanced lower trunk and pelvic support
- Effortless customisations
- On-the-spot adaptions for changing postural needs
- Instant results
- Cubes can be removed and added at any time
- Contouring doesn't move or slip out of adjustment
- Additional contouring support wedges can be used to further enhance the degree of contouring for individual body shapes
While the standard Classic Back Support style with its rectangle shape fits between the wheelchair canes, the Surface sits in front of the wheelchair canes due to the additional shoulder support components. This will inhibit the recline adjustment that is available in most Spex back support hardware.