Spex Classic Back Support
Easily solve upper torso needs for most wheelchair users with the Spex Classic Back Support. The Classic Back Support incorporates the popular Spex contouring cube system to allow on-the-spot customisations for torso comfort and asymmetry needs.
- Effortless customisations
- On-the-spot adaptions for changing postural needs
- Instant results
- Cubes can be removed and added at any time
- Contouring doesn’t move or slip out of adjustment
- Additional contouring support wedges can be used to further enhance the degree of contouring.
The Classic Back Support, with its rectangle shape, fits between the wheelchair canes, while the T Shape Classic Back Support and the Surface Classic Back Support sit in front of the wheelchair canes due to the additional shoulder and pelvic support components.
Instant contouring of the back support surface
Non-slip contours don't move out of adjustment
Slots & hole positions on ventilated shell
Dual-layer outer cover technology
Designed for the individual who:
- Requires a comfortable back support to reduce torso pain
- Requires spinal alignment and support
- Has skin breakdown/pressure care needs
- Has bony or protruding skeletal prominences
- Have changing postural needs
- Pertains a maladaptive or asymmetric posture
|For Mild Bony Prominences||For Immersion||For Asymmetry|
Without even adjusting the cube system, the Spex back support has slight contouring and integrates a comfortable pressure reducing foam surface layer to absorb mild bony prominences and asymmetries for uniform torso contact.
For individuals that require immersion into the back support, simply adjust the cube contouring cell system to configure for a perfect fit and shape for the user's back.
For asymmetrical or maladaptive postures, the contour can be arranged to provide the matching shape required to support the user's torso profile.
- Comfortable pressure reducing foam surface layer to absorb bony prominences.
- Cube contouring cell system provides configurations for a perfect fit and shape for the client.
- Customisation to contouring are performed on-the-spot.
- Created as the solution-solver for asymmetrical back postures.
- Modular componentry means you can ‘mix and match’ with different lateral pad options and positioning supports.
- Offers exceptional back/shoulder contact.
- Sustainable choice for issuing to other users
- Dual-layer cover reduces shear forces, and breathable air-mesh on back support sides counters moisture and temperature
|Back Support Size||10"-15"|
|Maximum Occupant Weight||200 lb (90 kg)||300 lb (136 kg)||Must use Heavy-Duty brackets|
400 lb (180 kg)
|Maximum Occupant Weight with Heavy-Duty brackets||300 lb (136 kg)||400 lb (180 kg)|
Thickness of the back support is 7 cm. The Spex Classic Back Support is designed to be contoured and this measurement only reflects the thickness without any of this contouring. Therefore the back support thickness will likely be less than 7cm in some sections and more in others.
|Width||Height||Rectangle Shape Code|
Fits between wheelchair canes.
Quad Mount Back Support Hardware
Default back support hardware on all back supports. Angle adjustment of up to 20°. A variation of the Quad Mount Hardware is also available for Adapta Back Supports.
Dual Mount Back Support Hardware
Unsuitable for chairs with back brace between canes. Angle adjustment of up to 25°. A variation of the Dual Mount Hardware is also available for Adapta Back Supports.
Single Mount Back Support Hardware
Preferred maximum back height of 18", with angle adjustment of up to 30°
Quad Mount Fixed Back Support Hardware
Fully adjustable, non-removable back support hardware.
Direct Mount Back Support Hardware
Width adjustable only, non-removable back support hardware.
Heavy-Duty Quad Mount Back Support Hardware
For users up to 136kg (10-15" back support) or 180kg (16"+ back support)
Asymmetric contour wedge kit
Lateral Trunk Supports
1/2" Gel-foam in Spinal region
Custom fabric choice on cover
|1208-2949-209||Spextex. Wipe-down, waterproof finish|
|1208-2949-219||Spextex. Knitted side, fabric finish|
|1208-2949-099||Air mesh Spacer fabric|
Supracor insert in envelope, installed to back support cover
Supracor covers add 13 mm to backrest thickness and provide heat & sweat reduction.