4 Point Padded Centre-Pull Hip Belt
User or carer operated hip belt, which tensions at the centre of buckle. Suits clients with low muscle tone or weakness.
Manufactured with top precision quality, this hip belt has comfortable cushioned pads with unique soft edge binding.
The Spex Hip Belt Advantage:
- Specially designed, durable webbing is 'ridge' woven for maximum grip once adjusted
- Soft comfortable pads offer excellent resilience, water resistance, and conform to the body without creasing.
- Smooth, soft binding is comfortable against sensitive skin
- Tough stainless steel adjusters which don't slip out of place
- Attachment hardware allows for a multitude of positioning options
The hip belt is the primary anterior support in seating, as it helps to maintain the stability of the pelvis.
Proper placement and use of anterior pelvic supports in a wheelchair or supportive stroller may prevent sliding into maladaptive, unsafe or non-functional postures.
Hip Belt Installation Tips:
- For maximum effect, position the attachment points of the hip belt as close to the user as possible
- Positioning the main (wide) straps below the ASIS reduces the possibility of the pelvis slipping under the belt
- The selection and set-up of the cushion and backrest influences the position and stability of the pelvis
*Anterior Superior Iliac Spine