The Spex Vest Harness is an anterior harness option featuring superior support and coverage across the chest, excellent adjustment, and a comfortable pad design.
With it’s pad construction and unique vest shape, it is designed to follow natural contours of the body making this a very comfortable option and provides superior support for most wheelchair users. It’s support pad shape has a low neck design for increased safety, and sufficient lower cut-out for optimum stomach clearance and superior comfort. This also means that it is a suitable option for clients with stomach feeding tubes or other supports.
The Vest Harness’s soft padded neoprene support surface, provides superior comfort for the user. The high-quality neoprene material offers the perfect amount of stretch to allow the user to move within the support and remain functional.
Featuring release buckles in all four corners, ensures that the Vest Harness is easy to fit and remove from the user, whilst maintaining optimum anterior support.
This harness is a positioning device only. Do not use as a safety restraint in vehicles.
Anterior Trunk Positioning Tips
Anterior upper body support is used to maintain spinal alignment over a stable pelvis. Increasing trunk support for proximal stability has been proven to increase upper extremity function.
These are sometimes necessary to maintain an upright trunk and head for functional use of arms, vision, breathing and feeding for individuals who pull or fall forward.
- Attaching the lower straps of the harness to the backrest shell rather than the wheelchair frame provides a more snug fit.
- Shoulder strap guides hold the harness in position over the user’s shoulders.
- Professionally hand-made for quality
- Harness follows natural contours of the body
- Dynamic fabric accommodates movement while maintaining positioning
- Specially designed, durable polyester webbing is ‘ridge’ woven for maximum grip once adjusted
- Soft comfortable pads offer excellent resilience, water resistance, and conform to the body without creasing
- Sleek pad designs reduce coverage to minimise sweating
- Smooth, soft polyester binding is comfortable against sensitive skin
- Tough stainless steel adjusters which don’t slip out of place
- Attachment hardware allows for a multitude of positioning options
Spex Shoulder Strap Guides
Recommended for any harness choice to prevent shoulder straps from falling off shoulders.
The Spex Harness Guides are height adjustable and fit both 1″ and 1.5″ straps. Package includes
a pair of 5mm aluminium strap guides and attachment hardware.
|Vest Harness Dimensions||Code||Neck Cut Out||Harness Height||Harness Width|
|Spex Hip Belt & Harness Size Selection Guide|
|Depends on physique of user|
|User’s W/C Width||8-12″||11-15″||14-17″||17-20″|
|Recommended Size||Extra Small||Small||Medium||Large|