The Spex Medial Thigh Support block is a wedge shape that can be attached to the front of the wheelchair seat.
It should be used to keep the user’s legs in the correct position to maintain a neutral pelvis. It doesn’t just swing-down, it can then pull off the mount to allow an unobstructed transfer.
Provides a comfortable yet firm knee and medial thigh support through a soft padding and removable washable cover.
- Should be used with clients who experience a variety of movement disorders, fluctuating muscle tone, spasticity or contractures
- Assists to align the heads of the femurs with the acetabulum providing symmetrical hip abduction for proper posture
- Abduction allows equal weight bearing through both ischial turberosities and thighs, thus permitting better pressure distribution
- Provides a wider, more stable support base for the upper body while limiting contractures and deformities that could interfere with function
- In hip dysplasia cases, luxation or dislocation; provides comfort & reduces pain
- Not to be used as a way to prevent or limit forward sliding. Should be installed clear of the groin area
- Depth adjustable convenience combined with flip down hardware
- Easy access release hardware which can be mounted to a seat pan
- Huge height range for high profile cushions
- 3 sizes available
|Height Adjustment (mm)||61||61||61|
|Depth Adjustment (mm)||13||13||13|