In Jesse’s case, his person-centred care and 24/7 posture management was comprised of:
- Multiple interventions from his childhood to his adult years,
- Resilience in the face of adversity,
- Many different positioning products for lying, sitting and standing postures,
- Many therapists’ involvement along the continuum of services from paediatric to adult years,
- Many challenges and fierce advocation of Jesse’s functional and quality of life goals,
- A total commitment by family and caregivers to follow recommended strategies and postural management guidelines to support Jesse’s posture to date.
Please note: This article was written with full consent and input from Jesse’s mother from the perspective of the family. His direct care-team have not been included and therefore there may be additional points not identified. Clinical opinions expressed are my own. Clinical references are included.